Rats are excellent climbers and they usually live in spaces on the tops of buildings, roofs, in attics, basements and ground floors. They also live in sheds, garages, boxes, ceilings, under floors, in wood heaps and in thick grass. Mice mainly live in structures, however they can live outdoors as well. They breed throughout the year and share their nests with their relatives.
Rats cause extensive damage to insulation inside walls and in attics They also cause structural damage by chewing on electrical wires which can cause fires. They are known to damage pool heaters, hot tubs and barbecue grills. Some rats will also attack both animals and humans and carry diseases. Small amounts of mouse urine trigger allergies, particularly in children. Mice spread diseases by contaminating food and water (and through bite wounds) with their waste products. Mice can also spread disease through parasites (such as ticks, fleas and mites). These parasites bite the infected mouse and then spread the disease by biting humans.
• Rats like to eat, so do not leave food out.
• Make sure that your sheds, storage areas, crawlspaces, and garbage cans are clean and dry.
• Mice eat 15-20 times a day, so do not leave food out.
• Seal up small holes and cracks that are 1/2″ to 1/4″ inch (Rats 0.5”, Mice 0.25”) or more.
Trapping: Trapping is the first step towards rat elimination (or mice elimination). We use various professional trapping techniques that are dependent on your environment and situation. We trap to extract and remove rats (or remove mice) from your home or business.
Sealing: After the rat removal (or mice removal) trapping process is complete, we then permanently seal any potential access points into your home or business so they cannot re-enter. The rodent sealing/rodent proofing process is unique and completely customized to your home or business. This will rid rodents from your home or business, making it a fortress and impenetrable to all rodents while preventing them from any further damages and spreading diseases.
Cleaning: After we have permanently sealed/rodent proofed and rid rats (or rid mice) from your home or business, we then perform remediation and cleaning to remove all rodent nests, debris, feces, scent, insulation (remove and replace if necessary), odor and bacteria. This process sanitizes your home or business and removes dangerous diseases. In doing so, it also removes scents that cause rodents to enter.
• Rats can live up to up to 5 years, however the average age is 18 months.
• 1 in 4 suspicious fires are due to rats.
• Adult rats can enter a hole as small as a quarter (less than one inch).
• Rats have extremely strong teeth and can chew through wire, plastic, glass, cinder block, wood and even aluminum.
• Rats have highly sensitive and efficient smell, taste, touch and hearing which direct them to their food sources. They also have a good memory; they can identify rat poisons just with a tiny taste.
• Rats are responsible for spreading Bubonic Plague.
• Two-month-old mice can give birth and are able to have 6 to 10 young per litter, 4 to 6 times per year.
• Mice and rats attract predators, such as snakes and bobcats.
• Mice and rats are good jumpers, climbers and swimmers.